Time for Adventure!
Scouting helped shape the person I am today. I spent about 4 years in Boy Scouts from 6th grade (1984) through 10th grade (1988) which included some of the best times I had as a youth. Many of my Boy Scout adventures included:
- Summer Camps
- Merit Badges
Now a father with 2 boys, I want to provide them with the opportunity I had as a youth. Boy Scouts allows young men to engage in nature, lead their peers, experience and partake in many different learning opportunities outside of school and organized sports. I, along with several other leaders of Troop 54, now get the privilege of guiding all of our young men through the various adventures Scouting has to offer.
I invite you to check out what Troop 54 has to offer. Some of our adventures have/will include:
- Chicago Field Museum
- Chief Pontiac Trail Credential Treks
- High Adventure
- Council and district sponsored Camporees and Klondikes
- Dorchester International Camporee In Ontario
- Tour at Davis-Besse Nuclear Powerplant
- Aviation merit Badge Overnight at the AirZoo and tour of Battle Creek Airport
- Summer Camp at Cole Canoe Base (June)
- Camping at several local group camps